The Five Freedoms
The Animal Welfare Act 2007 lists the Five Freedoms - your responsibilities when caring for a pet:
- Freedom from hunger and thirst by providing fresh water and the right amount of food to keep your pet fit
- Freedom from discomfort by making sure that your pet has the right kind of environment including shelter and somewhere comfortable to rest
- Freedom from pain, injury and disease by preventing your pet from getting ill and by making sure that pets are diagnosed and treated rapidly should they fall ill or suffer an accident
- Freedom to behave normally by making sure that your pet has enough space and proper facilities
- Freedom from fear and distress by making sure their conditions and treatment avoid mental suffering
For further information on the Animal Welfare Act 2007 visit RSPCA
If you would like further information on caring for your pet or to book a FREE NURSE CLINIC then please telephone one of our Veterinary Nurses on 01291 672637.
Our Main Vet Centre in Usk is supported by surgeries in Caerleon and Pontypool
Which enable us to provide veterinary services throughout Monmouthshire, Newport and Torfaen including Abergavenny, Gilwern, Goytre, Cwmbran, Chepstow, Blaenavon, Blackwood, Newbridge, Risca, Magor, Caldicot, Tintern and Trelleck.